Friday, March 7, 2008

What ever happened to EXCELLENT customer service?

So I go in to Best Buy in Lynchburg yesterday to send off a laptop I purchased online from them, not even a year ago. I was the only person in line at the "Geek Squad" counter. I sat there probably 8 minutes as I listed to the girl, who was working the "customer service" counter, right next to the "Geek Squad" counter, yap on the telephone to someone who was obviously NOT a customer. I did everything but crawl over the counter and jerk the phone out of her hand and she ignored me!
Now, those of you who know me, know how obnoxious I can get. I have tried to mellow down over the past few years. Especially since starting to work in the ER. I try to be calm now a days when I'm in public waiting to be "waited" on. But this chick PISSED me off! Yes, "Tangina" came out!
I finally laid across the counter and looked in the back to see if anyone else was back there. Then I looked at her and said "Oh, excuse me.....is this CUSTOMER SERVICE?" She told the person she was on the phone with she would call them later. Then she went in the back and got the "Geek Squad" guy to come out to help me. Now, why couldn't she put the caller on hold earlier and go get me some help? It wasn't like she couldn't see my BIG ASS standing there! I know I wasn't standing in HER line, but come on. What happened to "Excellent Customer Service?" I have to provide it in my job. Why isn't others being held to those high standards in today's society?
P.S. I plan on writing a letter of complaint to Best Buy. Hey, I've become really good at that lately!

No comments: