Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Squash Casserole Recipe

Here's a recipe I make quite often.....and made even more before surgery. I kinda invented this myself.....using the famous "green bean casserole" recipe.

Squash Casserole:

Appx 4-5 med yellow summer squash (sliced thin)
2 tbsp veg oil
Few slices of onion
1/2 cup milk
1 small can French's Fried Onions
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 can Fat Free mushroom soup

Slice up squash and put it in a frying pan with veg oil and onion. Add salt & pepper to taste. Let this simmer for about 20 mins or until squash and onions are good and mushy.

Drain and place squash in a baking dish. Add milk and 1/2 can french's fried onions. Mix well. Add more salt and pepper if you wish. I sometimes add different spices depending on my mood. Bake on 350 degrees for about 20 mins. Sprinkle rest of fried onions on top and bake an additional 5-7 mins. Take out and serve warm.

YUM! I was thinking tonight that ground beef and shredded cheese might taste well in this too! I might have to try it.

No comments: