Wednesday, September 24, 2008

God Love Her! No wonder I was fat!

Here's some recipes I came across that my grandma passed down to my mom. I don't eat this anymore but it sure sounded good. I can remember going to my grandma's every Sunday after church for a full table of southern cooked food! For those of you who haven't had WLS surgery, feel free to make and enjoy!

Tanya

Pig Pickin' Cake

1 box pineapple cake mix
1/2 cup wesson oil
4 eggs
1-11oz can mandarin oranges and juice

Mix all together, bake in 4 layers at 325 for 15 mins or until done.

Filling/Frosting:
1-9oz cool whip
1 lg can crushed pineapple and juice
1-3oz pkg vanilla instant pudding
1/2 cup chopped nuts

Mix all together and fill and frost cake.

Tomato Gravy
melt 1 stick butter
pour in flour - make gravy
pour in diced tomatoes
add salt/pepper
stir until done
Serve over biscuits.

Corn Pudding
1 can corn
2 tsp corn starch
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 stick butter
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs beaten
1/2 cup milk
cook on 350 for 45 mins.

Let me know how you like it if you try it guys!

No comments: