Saturday, November 15, 2008

Now this is Pecan PIE!

We spent the day in Charleston, SC. It was a beautiful old historic town! We did a tour of Boone Hall Plantation. It was absolutely gorgeous. It has been in several movies.....latest one was "The Notebook." I can't wait to get home and watch it.



We then went into Charleston and of course we had to visit Margaritaville. While we are in there, we overhear the staff talking about Jimmy Buffet being there yesterday. Said he rode his bicycle up, came in and signed some autographs. I'm always a day late and a dollar short. We ate lunch at Bubba Gumps and it was AWESOME! I had the stuffed shrimp.....YUM! The service was also excellent!
The rain ran us off about 4pm and we headed back to our hotel. We stopped on the way back at the Boone Hall Store on Rte 17N and did a little shoppig. I spotted the cake/pie counter. OH MY GOD. Those cakes and pies looked delicious! I had to have a piece of the pecan pie. The pecans are grown right here in S.C. at the Boone Plantation. Have you ever seen a piece of pecan pie that was this thick? I had a few bites and shared with my friends and it was to DIE FOR!




No problems having to lay anyone out today.....thank GOD!


Tanya


No comments: